The end of the year is here, and that means it’s time to reflect on my resolutions! And although I don’t have 20-20 vision (haha get it?) I’m also going to write some resolutions for next year! First, though, I need to look back over what my goals were for 2019 and see how I did.
If you would like to see me talk about these in person, you can watch my YouTube video HERE!
New Year’s Resolutions for 2019:
- Launch Missing Her: This is an easy one — yep! Missing Her was launched on May 8th of this year. I set up a street team, gave away ARCs, and even made a book trailer. I’m really proud of how this release went. It lived up to all my expectations and more!
- Draft next book: I am excited to say that not only is there a new book on the horizon, but the first draft has also been completed!! I’m hoping to release some more information soon, but for now, I’m knee-deep in edits. Wish me luck!
- Attend an author event/con: Although things got a little crazy toward the end of the year (with the whole college thing going on) I did attend BookCon in NYC June. I had a blast and I’m planning on attending in 2020 as well, so be sure to keep an eye out for more information on that in the future!
- Host a giveaway: I actually held two giveaways this year: one for the release of Missing Her and one more recently for the two year anniversary of The Scavenger! I love giving back to fans and it feels great to get my books into the hands of excited readers.
- Host a live stream: Although I didn’t host a live stream on Instagram or YouTube this year, I was present and interacting with viewers during a few Premieres I held on my YouTube channel, so I’ll count it!
Alright, 5/5! I’m really proud of all that I was able to accomplish during 2019. And it doesn’t look like I’m planning on slowing down in the next year! Let’s take a look at new resolutions:
New Year’s Resolutions for 2020:
- Finish edits on current project: Although I can’t give many details on what I’m currently working on (hopefully I will in the next couple of weeks, keep an eye on my YouTube channel) I’d like to have most of the edits done by the mid-point of this year. Hopefully, this goal of having them complete by the end of the year is doable!
- Finish secret project: In addition to my current project, there’s a secret side project that is something completely different from anything I’ve done before. I’m super excited to see how it goes and I would like it to also be completed by the end of the year.
- Attend an author event/con: I’m already planning on attending BookCon again this year, but I’d love to go to a few other author events too! I will say, though, that I’m actively searching for internships this summer for my studies as a mechanical engineer, so that would take priority. But hopefully, I’ll be able to carve out some time!
- Make another book trailer: I had such a blast making the book trailer for Missing Her, and I definitely want to do another for the project I’m currently working on. I have some great ideas for it, and I can’t wait to put them onscreen. There’s something so exciting about seeing a visual representation of your favorite stories, don’t you agree?
- Take a writing retreat: I’m not sure when or where this will happen (or maybe it’ll be virtual!) but I would love to take time during my year and fully dedicate it to writing. At least a few days, maybe even a week. Obviously, this is going to have to be something that’s planned carefully in advance so I have the time. But I think it’s definitely doable!
Alright, that’s all I got! We’ll see how many of these actually get done. I hope all of you had an awesome 2019! I look forward to the new year and all of the possibilities it holds.
Have you made any resolutions for the new year? Let me know in the comments!